St. Johns County has two (2) Pet Friendly Shelters to meet the needs of our pet owners during an evacuation situation. The following two schools are designated as Pet Friendly Shelters:
Pre-registration is not required to go to a Public Pet Friendly Shelter. You only need to register if you need transportation assistance during an evacuation.
Pet owners are required to shelter with their pets and care for them. You may not drop off your pets and leave.
Farm animals and exotics (primates, snakes, spiders, insects, etc.) are not permitted at Pet Friendly Shelters.
If you do require any form of assistance, you may register with us either online, or by mail. We have an On-Line Registration Program, a Printable Registration Form, or you may contact the Department of Emergency Management at (904) 824-5550 and we will mail a Request Form to your home for you to fill out and return.
- Airline Approved Pet Carriers
- Cage Liners
- Proper ID Collar and Rabies Tag
- Food Supplies - At least three days
- Water and Food Bowls
- Pet Medications - If necessary
- Disposable litter trays (aluminum pans work well)
- Litter or paper towels
- Disposable garbage bags for clean-up
- Comfort items for your pet (such as blankets and toys)